Host an event
What’s that? You don’t think you have a connection to science? Think again. From sunrise to sunset, science is intertwined with our lives. It’s part of the food you eat, the movies you watch, the electricity you use, the water you drink, the cellphone you carry, the asphalt you drive on and the weather you encounter.
The Nebraska Science Festival invites you to become part of the fun from April 20-29, 2017 and help educate the community on the diversity of science. To do so, simply submit a proposal to host an event outside of the main Expo festival grounds. Festival events can come in an array of formats and sizes. Well-known speakers can attract thousands. Small, intimate events such as nature walks may attract a dozen people. The Festival seeks events at both ends of that spectrum and everywhere in between.
Nebraska Science Festival events share several common bonds. They celebrate all areas and types of science and the impact they have on our lives. Festival events also are fun and engaging for their audiences.
- Event should be located in Nebraska
- Event should occur during the Festival
- Science must be a significant component of the event
- Host accepts all responsibility for the event, including organization, content, staffing, etc. (NE SciFest can provide volunteers if needed)
- Event should be accessible to the general public. Free events are encouraged.
- Host agrees to promote the event as a Nebraska Science Festival event. (Host event also will be promoted in Science Festival materials).